Rated 4.25 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 Tbls peanut oil or veg oil.
- 800 g beef steak (scotch fillet, rump, rib eye) cut into thin slices.
- 1-3 x large shallots sliced.
- 1 tspn crushed garlic
- 1 clove garlic , sliced
- 1 tspn ginger, finely grated
- 2 x cm piece of fresh ginger, finely sliced.
- 1/2 x red capsicum
- 1/2 x green capsicum
- 2 handfuls sugar snap or snow peas, (trimmed tops)
- 2 Tbls soy sauce
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup water
1. Heat wok or similar cooking utensil for a few minutes before adding the oil.
2. Add some of the oil, heat again before adding the meat.
3. In small batches brown the beef in the oil. Take out of pan and set aside.
4. add some more oil, fry all the garlic, grated ginger and onion until soft.
5. add the capsicum, peas and sliced ginger and stir fry for about 3-4 mins.
6. Add the browned beef and all the sauces and water. Fry until heated through.
8. Serve with brown and white steamed rice (can’t be to healthy and just have brown!)
Any meat could be used instead of beef.
Leave a Review
My family really enjoyed this recipe tonight for dinner. We used frozen stir fry vegies because that’s all we had but the stir fry sauce was really tasty