Rated 5 out of 5 based on 7 votes
- 7 x baby peppers (i bought mine from woolworths and it was a pack of 7)
- 1 x tin chickpeas (420gr), drained and rinsed
- 1 x small carrot, peeled and crated
- 1 x stalk celery, chopped finely
- 1 tspn rice seasoning (i used nori komi furikake brand which is a mixture of sesame seeds, salt, sugar and seaweed)
- 1 Tbls fresh dill, chopped finely
- 4 Tbls vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tspn dijon mustard
- 1 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn freshly ground pepper
• Cut the top of the peppers, remove its membrane and seeds.
• Place skin-side-up in single layer on oven tray first. Grill until skins blister, wrap peppers in a clean cloth, stand for 5 minutes, peel away skin. Don’t overcook as they need to keep their shape so that they can be stuffed.
• To make the faux-tuna salad: Drain and rinse the chickpeas, mash them with a potato masher. You could use a food processor. However, you need to be careful as you don’t want them to be too mushy.
• In a bowl, mix the mashed chickpeas, grated carrot, chopped celery, dill, rice seasoning, vegan mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
• Arrange the baby peppers on a serving dish. Fill each one with faux-tuna salad mixture and serve.
Leave a Review
We love that
Thank you Anna
Colourful. Love it!
These look so cute!
Looks and sounds delicious.