Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 2 x large free range chicken breast cut into medium sized chunks.
- 1 x red capsicum chopped into squares
- 1 x zuccini sliced
- 1 x brown onion sliced
- 1 cup musherooms sliced
- 1 cup carrot par boiled for 3 minutes
- 1/2 cup fresh corriander chopped
- 2 x kaffir lime leaves sliced into thin slivers
- 2 x fresh ripe mangos
- 1 Tbls rice vinegar
- 1.5 Tbls light soy sauce
- 1.5 Tbls fish sauce
- 1/2 x juice of a lime
- 1 x thumb sized piece of galangal grated
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1/4 tspn fresh turmeric grated
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 2 Tbls canola oil
1. Create the Mango Sauce. Scoop the fresh mango into the blender and add to the mix the coconut cream, turmeric, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Blend thoroughly.
2.Add half the oil to the pan and fry the onion with the capsicum until the onion goes brown.
3. Add the mushrooms and zucchini until brown. Remove all these ingredients and set aside.
4. Add to the pan the remaining oil and once hot, fry the chicken. Add the galangal and garlic then once brown pour the mango sauce over the chicken. Add back to the pan the fried vegetables, and the par boiled carrots. Add most of the kaffir lime leaves. Simmer on low heat with the lid on for about 7 minutes.
5.Keeping the lid on, pull the chicken off the heat and let sit for another 5 minutes. This will make the chicken juicy and tender instead of overcooked and rubbery.
6. Stir through the fresh corriander and season with salt and pepper. Garnish the plate with fresh cubes of chopped mango and the remainder of the kaffir lime leaves. Serve with freshly steamed jasmine rice.
Enjoy with friends and family!