Rated 4.67 out of 5 based on 6 votes
- 1 x sourdough loaf or baguette
- 1 bunch golden beetroot
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup goats cheese
- 1 handful fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Create a pouch using alfoil and place beetroot inside with oil and salt. Roast according to size: baby beetroot – 45 mins; mature – 1 1/2 hours. Allow to cool slightly, peel skin off (should come away quite easily) and roughly chop into a 1cm dice. Dress with olive oil and season further.
2. In a food processe, blitz sundried tomatoes and oil to form a rough paste.
3. Cook frozen edamame in boiling water for 5 minutes. When cooled slightly, pop out soy beans. Dress with olive oil and season further.
4. Toast sourdough until slightyl browned, not too crunchy.
5. Smear sundried tomato paste, top with beetroot and edamame, then crumble goats cheese and oregano leaves.
6. Drizzle a little extra olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt.
Leave a Review
I tried these over the weekend and they were delicous with a nice cold glass of sav blanc.
What a great way to use my golden beetroot up from the veggie patch!
beautiful presentation and delicious.