Rated 4 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 30 ml grapeseed oil
- 1 x small red chilli, diced (seeded if preferred)
- 2 tspn ground cumin or seeds
- .5 tspn garlic powder
- .5 tspn onion powder
- .25 tspn ground coriander and .5 tspn sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x medium onion, diced
- 2 x medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 400 g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g diced tomatoes
- .5 to 1 cup vegetable stock
- 85 g sweetcorn kernels
- 1 x squeeze fresh lime juice
- 1 handful chopped fresh coriander or continental parsley
On low/medium heat in Dutch oven or heavy based saucepan, saute spices, onion, garlic and carrots in olive oil until onion is transparent – season with sea salt and black pepper (being careful not to burn the garlic). Increase heat to medium and add sweet potatoes, tossing through mixture; allow to cook briefly.
Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the stock, bring to the boil then simmer on low heat with lid on for 40-50 minutes until mixture has reduced and thickened and potatoes are tender. I tend to take the lid off for the last 10-15 minutes so the mixture reduces a bit. Add more stock if needed. Ten minutes before end of cooking time, add beans and corn and season further if required.
Take pan off hotplate and add lime juice and parsley or coriander. Serve with brown rice and sliced avocado.
Leave a Review
I made this for 7 friends and we all gave it a BIG thumps up..
That’s great Kevin!