Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 50 g brown rice
- 160 g sweet potato, peeled and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 splash grapeseed oil
- 40 g cooked or tinned chickpeas
- 10 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar
- 20 ml honey wholegrain mustard
- 15 g chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 Tbls green onions or spring onions, chopped
- 2 Tbls continental parsley - chopped
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
Boil rice for 23-25 minutes until tender, then drain. Meanwhile roast sweet potato in grapeseed oil for 25 minutes or until slightly browned and almost cooked – place nuts in roasting pan for 5-7 minutes until toasted (make sure they don’t burn!).
Add brown rice, chickpeas and herbs to a bowl or plate.
Whisk extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and mustard in small bowl. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or so while potato and nuts are cooling. Add sweet potato and nuts to brown rice and toss gently with dressing.
Leave a Review
Fresh, healthy and delicious!
Perfectly healthy dish for lunch. Yum.