Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 900 g kumara, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 200 g diced bacon
- 300 ml light thickened cream
- 1 x brown onion
- 2 x cloves of garlic
- 2 x cubes of chicken stock
- 1 Tbls oil
Sweet Potato Gnocchi:
1. Microwave kumara in a large bowl on high power for 10 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
2. Pat dry with paper towel to get rid of excess moisture.
3. Return to the bowl and mash the kumara until smooth in texture.
4. Gradually add the flour and stir into the mashed kumara.
5. Lightly flour a surface and divide the dough into 4 even pieces.
6. Roll each portion into a 30cm long, 2cm thick log.
7. Flour a knife and cut the log into 2cm lengths.
8. Press the top of each piece lightly with a floured fork for detail.
9. Boil a saucepan of water and place the gnocchi into the boiling water. Boil the gnocchi is batches of about 4 minutes long.
Spinach and Bacon Sauce:
1. Finely dice the onion and garlic.
2. Pour oil in a large frying pan and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add the bacon and chicken stock and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and finally add the cream before serving (this prevents the cream from curdling).
Note: To reduce cooking time cook the sauce prior to the gnocchi and keep in the freezer until required.
Leave a Review
Yummy dish, would never go back to buying already made gnocchi again!
Looks great Claire!