Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 4 x eggs
- 1 tspn sake (or mirin)
- 1/2 tspn soy sauce
- 2.5 tspn sugar
- 1 pinch extra sugar (omit if using mirin)
Serves: 8 pieces, Prep: 5 mins, Cook: 8-10 mins
1. Using chopsticks to prevent the mix from getting frothy, combine the ingredients in a bowl with an easy pour function.
2. Brush a small pan, preferably a rectangular one, with oil. It isn’t necessary to use a lot, and turn the heat to low.
3. Pour in half of the egg mixture and spread all across the pan. Cook until the base is cooked and the top is still slightly soft and undercooked.
4. Teasing up one edge of the omelette, roll it in on itself until it has been rolled into a sausage on the other side of the pan, allow it to cook gently to make sure the insides are not raw.
5. Pour in the second half of the egg mixture, lifting the rolled egg to ensure the new mix goes underneath it.
6. Repeat the cooking process, but this time roll the already rolled egg in reverse so as to wrap it in the second omelette. One again cook gently to ensure there are no raw pieces.
7. Remove from the pan. If you have a sushi mat you can use this to firm up your tamagoyaki, but it’s not necessary.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut the tamagoyaki into eight pieces and serve.
Leave a Review
Nell I believe this must be very yummy and delicious.
I know, I’m thinking I’ll have to start doing this for my own! ^_^