Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 900 g beef sirloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 x garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tspn ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tspn ground cumin
- 1/4 tspn ground coriander
- 1/4 tspn freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbls sweet paprika
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 2 Tbls rice bran oil
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 12 x bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 300 ml plain yoghurt (for the raita)
- 1 x lebanese cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, grated (for the raita)
- 1 tspn mint leaves, finely chopped (for the raita)
- 1/2 tspn ground caraway (for the raita)
- 1/2 x ground coriander (for the raita)
- 1 Tbls italian parsley, finely chopped (for the raita)
1. Place beef in a shallow non-metallic dish. Season beef with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, place yoghurt, garlic, nutmeg, cumin, coriander, ginger, paprika, lemon juice, sugar and oil and whisk well until combined. Season.
2. Pour the marinade over the beef and mix until combined. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for several hours or overnight.
3. To make the raita, place all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Season to taste. Place in the refrigerator until required.
4. Heat a char-grill pan on medium-high heat. Thread 4-5 pieces of beef onto 1 skewer. Repeat to make 12 kebabs, reserving the marinade. Cook kebabs, turning occasionally and brushing with the reserved marinade for about 7-10 minutes each side or until cooked through.
5. Serve the tandoori beef kebabs with raita and flat bread or rice.
Leave a Review
We love kebabs.
My mouth is watering! I love kebabs!