Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 500 g boneless sirloin beef steaks, excess fat trimmed
- 1 x butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried, torn
- 1 x large red capsicum, quartered, deseeded, cut crossways into thin strips
- 8 x tiny qukes (small cucumbers) from perfection fresh
- 1 punnet small tomatoes (try sweet solanato)
- 100 g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 6 x green shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint
- 1/2 cup lime juice (dressing)
- 4 tspn fish sauce (dressing)
- 4 tspn 4 tsp soy sauce (dressing)
- 1 x large garlic clove, finely chopped (dressing)
- 2 x small fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped (dressing)
- 1 pinch caster sugar (dressing)
- 1/2 cup mirin (japanese white vinegar) (dressing)
- 2 Tbls sweet chilli sauce (dressing)
Heat a heavy pan on medium-high. Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a roasting dish and roast in the oven until the beef is the colour you prefer. Once cooked take out of oven and set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Cut across the grain into thin strips. Set aside.
Meanwhile, to make the dressing, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic, chilli all the ingredients and sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
Place the beef, lettuce, capsicum, bean sprouts, green shallots, tiny Qukes, tomatoes, coriander and mint in a large bowl. Pour over dressing and toss gently to combine. Place on a large serving platter and arrange the beef on the top of salad. Let each guest serve themselves.