Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 x whole snapper (cleaned)
- 3 sprigs coriander
- 1 x lime, juiced
- 2 Tbls fish sauce
- 2 x birds eye chilli (thinly sliced)
- 3 x garlic cloves (crushed and skins removed)
- 1 Tbls caster sugar
1. Bring water to a boil in a stainless steal steamer (see note1 for alternative).
2. Mean time, place snapper in a shallow bowl (but deep enough to hold sauce).
3. Lightly rinse coriander to remove any grind. Remove roots. Cut coriander into half, stuff fish with coriander stalks and crushed garlic cloves. Reserve coriander leaves for garnishing.
4. For sauce, lightly whisk lime juice, fish sauce and caster sugar. Pour sauce and scatter sliced chilli onto fish.
6. For a medium size fish, steam fish for 20-25 minutes in steamer.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Note 1: It is worth investing in a stainless steal steamer. Stainless steal steamers are available at all good Asian cooking supply shops. If not, use a wok and porcelain bowl. Bring water to a boil in the wok, insert the porcelain bowl (bowl side down). The bowl acts as a “stand”. Cover with a wok cover.
Leave a Review