Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 2 Tbls vegetable oil
- 3 x duck breast fillets
- 400 ml can light coconut cream
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 Tbls fish sauce
- 1 Tbls palm sugar or brown sugar
- 12 x fresh lychees, peeled, stone removed
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1-3 cup thai basil leaves
- 6 x fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 x steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 1 handful extra basil leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot add duck breasts, skin-side-down and cook for 2 minutes or until browned. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Transfer
to tray and roast in oven for 8 minutes before setting aside.
2. Heat ½ cup coconut cream in a deep pan or wok over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Add curry paste and stir until combined. Cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add remaining coconut cream with fish sauce, sugar and duck, sliced diagonally. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add lychees, cherry tomatoes, basil and kaffir lime leaves.
3. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon rice into serving bowls. Serve rice alongside bowls of curry topped with extra basil leaves.
Leave a Review
great photo Jessica, will cook it soon, sounds perfect.