Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2 cups self - raising flour
- 2 1/2 cups castor sugar
- 3 x whole eggs
- 1 Tbls cinnamon
- 1-2 cup milk
- 125 g butter
- 3/4 cups honey
- 4 x pink lady apples (thinly sliced)
(Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius)
1. Combine self raising flour, cinnamon and 2 cups of castor sugar and make a well in middle.
2. Place the 3 eggs in the well and add milk
3. Using a whisk, mix together until well combined.
4. Using a spring form cake pan (med-large deep pan), line with baking paper and place 1/2 apple slices at bottom of pan and then pour in mixture.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and springs back up when pressed down.
6. (Toffee) place butter in a large saucepan and melt over medium heat.
7. Pour in remainder of the castor sugar and mix then add the honey.
8. Mix continuously until toffee is golden and sugar has dissolved.
9. Using rest of slices apples, arrange over upside down cake to any design you desire and then pour over hot toffee while cake is still semi warm.
10. Allow toffee to set until it is warm not hot, place cling wrap over cake to allow toffee to seep into cake.
Leave a Review
Looks very rich – would be a showstopper at a dinner party! Great recipe too.
I have never had this combination before. I’m really looking forward to making it over the weekend!