Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2/12 cups plain flour (pastry)
- 2 tspn salt (pastry)
- 1 cup unsalted cold butter cut into cubes (pastry)
- 3 Tbls ice cold water (pastry)
- 2 Tbls fresh oregano (filling)
- 2 Tbls fresh basil (filling)
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta (filling)
- 1 tspn half milk half cream (this is an american product, half milk half cream, or you can just use cream) (filling)
- 1 x zest of small lemon (filling)
- 1 x egg yolk (filling)
- 2 x scallions (these are shallots) sliced thinly (filling)
There are great details about how to bring this together at the front of the cookbook, but basically you rub the butter and salt through the flour until it is like coarse bread crumbs and then add the ice water until it comes together. Next rest in the fridge for at least half an hour. After it has rested roll it out and place in a tart tin and then rest once again in the fridge for half an hour. Finally take it out and bake blind in an oven at 170 degrees. You will need pastry weights or dried beans for this. After ten minutes remove from the oven and fill with the filling and then place back in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Mix up the ingredients together except the sliced tomatoes. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Pour into the partially baked tart case and then decorate with the sliced tomato, starting from the outside and working in. Then drizzle with olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.