Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 2 x sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 150 g italian pancetta, cut into 1cm cubes
- 6 x eggs
- 2/3 cups cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 200 g fresh ricotta
- 2 x spring salad onions, thinly sliced
- 5 x cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups salad greens, to serve
Preheat oven to 170C or 150C fan. Grease a 28cm, loose-based flan pan. Line base and sides with puff pastry, using second sheet to patch edges, pressing down to seal joins.
Heat a small pan on medium. Cook pancetta for 5 mins, until golden. Set aside.
Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, Parmigiano Reggiano and parsley. Season.
Crumble ricotta over puff pastry. Top with spring onions and pancetta. Pour over egg mixture and top with tomato, cut side up.
Bake for 45 mins, until set and golden. Cool.
Meanwhile, heat balsamic vinegar in a small pan on low for 5-7 mins, until reduced.
Cut tart into wedges. Serve with salad and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
In each serve: 2101 kilojoules, 21g protein, 36g total fat (20g sat fat), 22g carbohydrate (7g sugar), 2g fibre, 778mg sodium.