Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 x eggs
- 40 ml brandy
- 500 g good quality mascarpone
- 700 ml whipping cream (35-40% fat)
- 30 ml marsala
- 1 x savourotti biscuits
- 1 x cocoa powder
1. Cream the sugar with the eggs by adding one egg at a time, waiting for the mixture to thicken and become pale before adding the next egg.
2. Add brandy and mascarpone. Whisk through until combined. Set aside in fridge.
3. Whip the cream until firm. Put aside in fridge.
4. Using a coffee machine on jug setting, fill a heat resistant bowl/container to half way, or to a level that is suitable to dunk the biscuits lengthwise. The trick here is to stop the machine when water comes through instead of coffee, and repeat with fresh ground coffee (to get the pure coffee flavor without it being watered down)
5. Add Marsala to the coffee
6. Fold the whipped cream through the cream cheese mixture until combined, being careful not to deflate the aerated mix.
7. Dip the savourati biscuits lengthwise (half on one side and half on the other) and place on bottom of tray. Once the layer in complete (should take half the packet of biscuits) whack on half the cream mixture and spread evenly to cover the biscuits.
8. Repeat process. Finish with a light sprinkle of cocoa powder
Leave a Review
Just delicious.I love it.