Rated 4.75 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 225 g plain flour (for pastry)
- 125 g unsalted butter, cubed(for pastry)
- 1 x egg yolk (for pastry)
- 2-3 Tbls iced water (for pastry)
- 180 g bread crumbs, toasted
- 75 g butter
- 1 x lemon, juiced
- 900 g golden syrup
- 2 x lemons, zested
- 75 ml cream
- 1 tspn salt
- 3 x eggs
- 1 x 25cm flan dish
To make pastry -
– Place flour and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
– Add egg yolk and 2 Tbls of water and process until mixture comes together. Add remaining water if dry.
– Turn onto a clean surface and bring together to form a ball. Place between 2 sheets of plastic and roll flat to fit in a pie dish.
– Place into pie dish and prick base with a fork and bake for 15mins at 160C.
To make tart -
– Preheat oven to 170C. Toast breadcrumbs until pale and golden.
– Heat butter in a saucepan until it begins to brown.
– Add lemon juice, add golden syrup and warm gently, then and add the breadcrumbs to the syrup, and mix along with the lemon zest, cream and salt.
– Take pan of the heat, and quickly stir in the eggs. Pour to into prepared pastry case and cook for 25mins or until it seems firm in the centre of the tart.
Leave a Review
This was delicious! Thanks Jen.
AMAZING and so easy to make!