Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 1 cup cous cous - cooked like directed
- 1 x cardamon pot
- 1/2 x small red capsium - fine cubed
- 2 generous tspn tomato paste
- 2 tspn ground cumin
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 - 1 tspn cayenne pepper
- 2 tspn sweet paprika powder
- 1 small clove garlic - grated
- 1/4 x onion, grated
- 1/2 small x bunch of dill - chopped
- 1 splash sunflower oil
- 1 x small iceberg salad - to serve with
Cook the cous cous like directed. Add the cardamon pot and seasalt to the water.
Remove the cardamon when ready. Add the prepared capsicum and tomato paste to the cous cous when luke warm. Also add the spices, a splash of oil and mix well. Give it a rest of 30 min.
Also add the chopped dill.
Now it is very important to knet it very well — if you don’t knet it well, it will not stick together to make the Köfte-rolls. So knet until the dough gets sticky. That should take approx 10 min. You can use your processor for that, but I prefer to use my hands …
When the dough is ready, form the rolls and refridgerate for a couple of hours. The Chi-Köfte will develop more flavour when rested. Best is to prepare it in the morning.
Serve it with fresh iceberg lettuce — put the chi köfte in the middle of a leafe, wrap it and … ENJOY