Rated 4.69 out of 5 based on 8 votes
- 1x240 g vanilla cake mix
- 1x375 g white choc melts
- 3 Tbls store bought frosting (philadelphia cream cheese with a hint of lemon)
- 14 x lollipop sticks
- 1 Tbls silver cachous, to decorate
- 1 Tbls pink cachous, to decorate
- 14 x sugar flowers, to decorate
1. Cook cake mix according to packet directions. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Trim the crusts of the cake.
2. Break the cake into small pieces and process in the food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and add the cream cheese frosting. Stir to combine.
3. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Divide cake mixture into 14 pieces. Roll into balls and place on the lined tray.
4. Place the white chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts.
5. a) Dip the end of the lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and insert into a cake ball. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
b) Dip one cake ball into the melted chocolate. Rock backwards and forwards until cake is fully coated. Gently tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
c) Working quickly, decorate cake balls with cachous, sprinkles and flowers. Stand for a few minutes until set. Place in the refrigerator for half an hour. Serve.
Leave a Review
Enjoyed making these beautiful cake pops with my daughter. They were delicious!
Beautiful, cute and delish! And they look so professional too!
These were really fun to make, and the kids LOVED them!!! Thanks for the recipe Sarah!!
pretty party treat
So pretty for a party