Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 6 x scallops (roe on or removed depending on your preference)
- 1/2 x vanilla pod, seeds only
- 1 Tbls lime juice
- 2 tspn coriander stems (no leaves) finely chopped
- 1 x corn cob, kernals removed
- 1 x spring onion white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tspn butter
- 2 Tbls chicken stock
- 2 Tbls cream
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves and stems left whole
- 1 x small granny smith apple, skin and core removed
- 1/2 tspn brown sugar
- 1 Tbls water
- 1 tspn fish sauce
- 1/2 x red chilli finely chopped
- 1 x garlic cloved, squashed
- 1 1/2 tspn lime juice
- 2 tspn fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 x spring onion (sliced)
- 1 Tbls salted peanuts, toasted and chopped
Mix together scallops, vanilla, lime and coriander stems and allow to infuse for 30 mins.
Remove scallops from marinade and cook in frypan or grill until cooked through.
FOR THE CORN PUREE:
In small pan melt butter and add spring onion and saute until softenend.
Add the corn kernels, coriander stems, stock and cream and cook until corn is tender then remove and discard the coriander stems.
Puree corn mixture until smooth and push mixture through a fine sieve.
FOR THE APPLE SALAD:
Mix together sugar, water, fish sauce, chilli and garlic and microwave until boiling.
Place in fridge to cool then remove the garlic and stir in the lime juice.
Cut apple into thin matchsticks and mix together with coriander and spring onions then mix in the dressing.
Place half of the corn puree on the plate and place 3 scallops on top of the puree.
Place half of the apple salad on the plate and sprinkle with half of the peanuts.