Rated 4.9 out of 5 based on 5 votes
- 1 cup thickened cream (for the vanilla layer)
- 1 cup buttermilk (for the vanilla layer)
- 1/2 tspn vanilla bean paste (for the vanilla layer)
- 2 tspn gelatine powder (for the vanilla layer)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (for the vanilla layer)
- 1/3 cup micro herbs (optional)
- 1/3 cup raspberries, for garnish
- 2 Tbls coffee liqueur (for the jelly)
- 2 Tbls caster sugar (for the jelly)
- 250 ml water (for the jelly)
- 3 tspn instant coffee (for the jelly)
- 2 tspn gelatine powder (for the jelly)
- 1/3 cup boiling water (for the jelly)
1. Place cream, buttermilk, vanilla paste and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring for 5-8 minutes or until almost simmering and the sugar is dissolved (do not boil). Remove from heat, sprinkle the gelatine powder and whisk until combined and the gelatine is dissolved. Strain the mixture into a jug. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool. Pour mixture into glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
2. To make the espresso jelly, combine liqueur, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes until sugar dissolves (do not boil). Combine coffee and boiling water and stir into the liqueur mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of the coffee syrup and set aside. Sprinkle the gelatine powder over the coffee syrup in the saucepan and stir on very low heat until gelatine is dissolved. Strain the mixture and set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes. Pour jelly into a square dish and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
3. Turn jelly onto a cutting board and cut into 1cm (1/2 inch) cubes. Divide espresso jelly into the prepared glasses. Pour 2 tbs. of the reserved coffee syrup and garnish with raspberries and micro herbs.
Leave a Review
Sarah, nobody can beat you.You very,very ,very talented in everything.You must win.
Aww! Thank you, Anna!
I rated this recipe with 5 stars… but your site says I rated it less… how come? This was a very good recipe and even exceeded my expectations!
Not sure what just happened Colleen. I can ask Gillian to check the website. Some of my friends had the same issue. If you hover your mouse on the last star before you click, that usually works. If you are using your phone to vote, you will have this problem. Thanks Colleen.
So easy and delicious!