Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 Tbls coconut oil
- 1 x red bullet chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tspn chilli powder
- 1 x red onion, diced
- 1/2 tspn cumin
- 1/2 tspn thyme
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 x 400g tins of organic mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g tin organic diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbls tomato paste
- 1 x large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 handful fresh flat lead parsley to garnish
350 calories per serve
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
In a double saucepan over medium to high heat, steam the sweet potato until soft. Mash the sweet potato with a folk and set aside.
Sauté onion and chilli in a deep saucepan with coconut oil over low to medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the dried spices and stir through briefly over the heat. Add the other ingredients and continue to cook covered for 15 minutes stirring from time to time.
In a small casserole dish ladle in the chilli and top with the mashed sweet potato. Place the dish, uncovered, in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top is browned and slightly crispy.
Leave a Review