Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1 x container of toothpicks
- 1 x carrot
- 1 x bunch of broccoli
- 1 x potato
- 1 tspn butter
- 1 tspn milk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tspn finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 x mini pre-prepared vol-au-vent*
- 1 tspn instant gravy
- 1 tspn boiling water
- 1 x cutting/bread board as the base for the farm
1. To make carrot fence, cut carrot into sticks about 1cm wide and 5cm long. Using toothpicks to hold sticks together, stick the carrot sticks into the shape of a fence. You don’t have to be too particular, just be creative!
2. To make broccoli trees, cut broccoli into individual florets. Use as many trees as you would like to see on your farm.
3. To make the mashed potato sheep, peel potato and cut into pieces. Boil in the usual way, drain, and mash with butter and milk. When cooled, shape into little sheep using your hands. You can use pieces of cracked black pepper for the eyes.
4. To make the mushy pea crop lines, boil peas and garlic for approximately 5 minutes. Drain peas. Add the mint and mash.
5. To make gravy food trough, mix instant gravy with boiling water until lumps are gone. Pour into the vol-au-vent.
6. Now that all the different parts are made you can assemble them on the board. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to do this, just be creative and make your farm how you would like it to look!
7. Eat and enjoy!
*You can purchase ready-made vol-au-vents from the supermarket.
Leave a Review
Samie is very cute,must be yummy to yes?
This is the type of thing I LOVE!