Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 300 g continental flour or plain flour
- 200 g packet of walnut( very fine grind)
- 80 g icing sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter( room temperature )
- 1 x eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 900 g poppy seeds filling in tin (iga supermarket)
- 1 cup fresh cherries(no stones )
- 1 cup pineapples pieces from tin(drained )
- 1/2 cup icing sugar(mixed with vanillin sugar)
- 1 x vanillin sugar(iga supermarket)
- 30 g extra butter unsalted (for grease baking pan)
- 1/2 cup extra bread - crumbs( for dusting the baking pan )
1)In bowl mix flour,walnut,sugar,butter,salt and egg and make dough.Leave in fridge 30 min.
2)Preheated oven on 190 C.
Dust bench with flour and put on 2/3 of dough,roll with rolling pin into shape circle,diameter 26 cm.(thick approximately 7mm). Lightly grease baking pan with extra unsalted butter, dust with bread – crumbs all over. Transfer rolled dough into the baking pan.With your fingers try to make it sides,so make it 5 cm high side.
3)Transfer the poppy seeds filling in.Spread and put on cherries and pieces of pineapples.Cover with remaining dough(rolled out again with rolling pin into circle 26 cm diameter )With fork make it couple holes.
4)Bake 40 – 50 minutes.After dust with icing sugar mixed with vanillin sugar.
PS.The best is cut the cake next day,because is very soft when is fresh.