Rated 5 out of 5 based on 5 votes
- 900 g minced pork
- 4 x garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 x fresh coriander roots, finely chopped
- 2 x lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup palm sugar
- 2 x long red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls fish sauce
- 1 Tbls fresh lime juice
- 15 x bamboo skewers, soaked in water
1. Place the minced pork, garlic,coriander, lemongrass, palm sugar, fish sauce, chillies and lime juice in a large bowl. Season with salt & pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are combined. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
2. Dampen hands before shaping the mixture to prevent it from sticking. Press the meat mixture evenly around the skewers and mould into a sausage shape (as seen above).
3. Cook the pork sticks under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Serve with chilli dipping sauce and jasmine rice.
Leave a Review
We love it.
delicious and tempting, I did not make it but have tasted it, my ex neighbour used to cook it often, good pic Sarah
Thank you, Vesna!
I cooked these a few weeks ago but I added a bit more sugar and chilli. So yummy!