Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 300 g white chocolate (i use callebaut)
- 200 g butter (if using unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon fine table salt with the butter)
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 165 g (3/4 cup) castor sugar
- 2 tspn (10ml) vanilla extract
- 2 x large eggs, lightly beaten (we use eggs with a minimum weight of 59g)
- 100 g (2/3 cup) gluten free self-raising flour
- 150 g (1 cup) gluten free plain flour
- 2 x large lemons zest
- 150 g (1 cup) of dessicated coconut
- 200 g white chocolate (sour cream and white chocolate ganache)
- 88 g sour cream (sour cream and white chocolate ganache)
- 1 x hand full of cherries (sour cream and white chocolate ganache)
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (145 degrees celsius if fan-forced).
Grease a 20cm round cake pan and line the base and sides of the pan with baking paper.
Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat when chocolate and butter have melted, and stir mixture until completely smooth. Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Beat eggs with vanilla until light in colour.
Add vanilla and eggs to cooled chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
Stir flour and coconut together in a large bowl. Grate zest of the two lemons over the dry ingredients and mix well Add one cup of chocolate mixture to the flour and stir until a smooth paste forms. Slowly add the rest of the chocolate mixture.
Bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes. When the cake is ready, a fine-bladed knife inserted into the centre of the cake should come out without any batter attached.
Loosely cover cake with greaseproof paper or a clean tea towel and allow it to cool to room temperature in pan.
The cooled cake can be iced with the white chocolate ganache immediately (see directions below), or stored and then iced on the day of serving.
Sour Cream and White Chocolate Ganache:
Melt white chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring slowly so as not to add air bubbles. When chocolate has completely melted, remove from heat and quickly stir in sour cream. Use immediately. I decorated the top of my cake with Cherries. I just liked the look.
Leave a Review
my mouth is totally watering!