Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2 x whole breasts chicken
- 2 x pieces prosciutto
- 8 sprigs asparagus
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 50 g butter
- 1 x small brown onion(finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbls fresh mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (block is best, grae when needed)
- 1 sprig thyme
Serves 2 people
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
Bring stock to the boil in a covered saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until needed.
2. Add half the oil to a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add wine. Simmer until reduced by half. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Add 1/3 cup stock to rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until stock has absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock, 1/3 cup at a time, until liquid has absorbed and rice is al dente.
4. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, heat remaining oil in a frying pan. Place Chicken presentation side down in pan add thyme sprig to pan, Cook chicken for 30 seconds to a minutes each side or until lightly browned and sealed. Transfer to a deep oven tray and place in oven for 18-25 minutes depending on thickness of breast (a good tip to keep the chicken tender and get the most flavour is to add chicken stock and white wine to the tray covering about 1/3 way up the breast). Add prosciutto to pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add Asparagus to a griddle pan (you can use the same pan for the chicken and prosciutto but you dont want to cook it in any fat, oil etc. as this will make the asparagus too tender and it will go soggy when removed from pan) cook turning frequently just to get a little colour.
5. Stir peas, prosciutto and parmesan into risotto. Set aside, covered, for 2 minutes or until peas are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
6. By this time you should be removing the chicken, set aside for almost half the amount of cooking time (if cooked for 18 minutes rest it on a board for approx. 8-9 minutes, this will allow all the juices to stay in the chicken and the breast will stay moist after cutting it) while waiting for it to rest add mint and butter to the risotto stir and serve on a plate placing asparagus on top of the risotto, Slice the chicken at an angle and place on top of asparagus.