Rated 4.88 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 4 -6 x potatoes (wased,peeled and cut into chunks )
- 1 x brown or red onions ( chopped )
- 2 L carrots - chopped
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbls dry sweet paprika (powder )
- 2 cloves garlic(crushed)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbls beef stock powder
- 1 handful dry marjoram( crushed in your palm )
- 1 Tbls chives, chopped
- 4 x german style sausages (knackwurst cut into circles)
- 1/2 tspn caraway seeds(very fine grinded )
1)In large saucepan heat oil on medium heat,add onion and carrots and fry until onion is softer.Add paprika,stir add potatoes and pour about 2 liters water in and bring to boil.cook until the potatoes are soft.Add marjoram,garlic,beef powder,salt,caraway seeds,chives and pepper.
2)In frying pan heat little bit of oil on medium heat,add sausages and fry them until brown.Add the sausages into soup,stir and taste,if anything need to be added.If you want the soup thicker,add little bit of cornflour mixed with water into soup,stir and cook until bubble.
3)Serve hot with bread rolls.