Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 x flat bread
- 2 x button mushrooms
- 2 x wedges of lemon
- 1 pinch dried chilli
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1-2 Tbls za'atar
- 1 x salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients are per serving
NB: you can get Zatar from middle eastern/specality grocery stores. Only a few dollars a bag. Store it in a glass, airtight container and it will last ages.
1. turn on your sandwich press.
2. mix zatar in a small bowl with enough oil to make a thick paste. spread on one side of the flat bread.
3. slice mushroom and lay out over the paste. sprinkle with chilli flakes and a slight squeeze of lemon.
4. fold over flat bread and squeese the rest of the lemon over the bread. place in the sandwich press. cook untill golden brown.
5. remove from the press and cut up into slices and serve. a little extra lemon to serve is also a nice idea.
Leave a Review
Amazing textures and flavors!!! Delicious!!!