Rated 4.63 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 4 Tbls olive oil
- 1 x small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 x stick celery (finely chopped)
- 2 x garlic (very finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 700 g zucchini (coarsely grated)
- 2 L chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan until just hot over a moderate heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and mint and fry gently for 4-5 minutes until soft and golden. Add the grated zucchini and turn up the heat. Let this cook for 5-6 minutes before adding the stock. Bring this to a boil, reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the feta and using a stick blender, blend the soup into a creamy consistency, until all the cheese has been incorporated.
Season generously with pepper and a only a little salt if necessary (the feta is salty so it may not need any) then a final drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil if you like.
Leave a Review
Yum, this looks delicious but also healthy. I’m a big fan of vegetarian cooking, too. Two thumbs up!